Covid19 Related Geopolitical Questions To Drive Your Strategic Planning
Over the next three months the Covid19 virus will cause dramatic changes on the international scene that will impact decision-making in government and industry. The pressures put on all nations are extreme. What will be the impact of the virus on decades of globalization? Will shifts in trends of globalization cause inflation? What will be the impact of the Covid19 virus on the European Union? Will it dissolve?
The only thing we can say with certainty now is that decision-makers in government and industry will face change like they have never seen it before.
This post is designed to help decision-makers and strategists face this incredible change. It leverages over thirty years of close observations of national security topics and our direct experience with clients seeking decision support and intelligence insights on hard topics.
Topics of this special report include:
- Cyber Conflict and Cyber War
- Coalitions of Open Nations and Coalitions of Closed Nations
- Transnational Organized Crime
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and Proliferation
- Regional Instability
- China Regional Ambitions and CCP Control
- US, Canada and Mexico Trading
- International News Media
- Advanced Technology
- Space and Counterspace
- Supply Chains
- The Price of Energy and Commodities
- The Environment and Climate Change
- The Capabilities of US Intelligence Collection
Within each of these topics we provide key indicators to track in the form of questions. These questions can be used to prioritize your information collection and analysis operations as well as to help in your scenario planning (we are using them at OODALoop to shape our collection, analysis and reporting and other service to our members).
Editor’s Note: We’ve worked hard to open up some of our most critical COVID-19 articles to non-members, but we’ve still got analysts to pay to maintain our daily operations. We hope that you will strongly consider joining today. For most organizations it is a reimbursable business expense, but your membership contributes to dedicated analyst time to produce thoughtful content and produce our daily intelligence report. Thank you.
Want more insight? Log in for the full report
This content is restricted to OODA Network members only. Members get access to all site content plus access to exclusive reports and events. Please consider becoming a member. For more information please click here. Thanks!
Already a member? Sign in to your account.
Background Assessments and Foundational Intelligence
The situation with Covid19 is a very dynamic one. We will be updating all relevant intelligence assessments produced for our members to ensure you always have access to actionable information to drive your decisions.
Find the full list of our threat assessments and research reports at our OODA Member Resources page.
Key references to review include:
- Russia Threat Brief Russia should be considered a kleptocracy, where the rule of law exists as long as it supports the objectives of the state and the ruling oligarchs. All U.S. businesses should exercise extreme caution before doing business in or with Russia. Our special report on The Russian Threat captures insights on the full spectrum of Russian capabilities and intention, including their actions in cyber conflict. Also, see: Russia 2020: What Will Putin Do Next? and The Kinetic Potential of Russian Cyber War, which examines Russia’s mastery of cyber and kinetic linkages, and What Kleptocratic Support for Cybercriminals Means for Russian Cyber Capabilities and Cybercriminals as the Russian State’s Deniable Proxies and The Five Most Dangerous Criminal Organizations Acting As Proxies for Russia.
- China Threat Brief Several countries have the capability to inflict harm on U.S. interests. However, China is the only one who has declared an intent to challenge the U.S. for global supremacy. China remains a closed society where challenges to party rule are met with harsh, sole crushing response. China is a powerhouse, but one with weaknesses. Also see our special report on Your Strategy for This Phase of the Trade War – The short version is, stay agile! Also see our special report on What You Should Know About China’s “Destructive Warfare” Doctrine.
- Iran Threat Brief.Iran has been investing heavily in cyber operations and is experienced in conducting both espionage and attack. Iran is undemocratic, with power centered in a Supreme Leader (Ali Khamenei). A President exists but has little power compared to the Supreme Leader. Also see: What You Need To Know About Iranian Cyber War Capabilities and Intentions.
- North Korea Threat Brief North Korea describes itself as a “self-reliant socialist state” but it is really best described as a Stalinist dictatorship. Leader Kim Jong-un holds power and dominates all functions through a mix of violence, rewards and intense propaganda.
- OODA Special Report: How the Coronavirus will impact your mid to long range strategic planning A strategic framework to support strategy development.
- Coronavirus: Act today or people will die: This medium post uses data, graphs and context to make it clear, we have to act or many will die.
- You Need to Tighten Your OODA Loop on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 In this particular pandemic, you need to tighten your OODA Loop and make impactful decisions quicker. In fact, you need to make them right now.
- Russia Exploits Global Pandemic for Economic Attacks The national security implications of this pandemic are not being explored enough. This is a clear example of why they need to be and why corporations need to better understand the moves nations are making.
- The Best Analysis Regarding the Business Impact of Coronavirus COVID-19 The Corona Virus is already causing significant business impact across every sector of the economy, with disproportionate impact against sectors like transportation and hospitality. At OODA, we’ve been tracking all new developments and consulting with our expert network to derive essential elements of information that can inform your decision making process.