Featured Image Source: HyperX Gaming
The Global Cyber Games Charity Battle 2022, a PlayCyber Competition will take place at the same time as BlackHat USA 2022 in Las Vegas at the HyperX Esports Arena on August 11, 2022, from 12 PM–10:00 PM PST.
As a member of the audience, you have a front-row seat to watch the teams compete in a king-of-hill competition and cheer on your favorites.
Audience members receive:
- Access to the arena where all of the action is taking place
- Opportunity to cheer on your favorite charity team
- Opportunity to purchase drinks to help raise money for your team’s charity
- Incredible networking with other attendees
- Online streaming and shout casters
- Theater seating and SWAGVIP access and lounge
- Opportunity to purchase drinks for charity fundraising10-minute walk, indoors, from Black Hat Conference
- Great networking & recruiting opportunities
- All-day business suites available for sponsorship
Audience members attending the games can help their charities WIN more by buying charity-themed drinks (a portion of the proceeds will be provided directly to charities represented by the teams). Audience members watching online can donate to teams directly. This event will be an exciting in-person experience. If you can’t attend, you can watch it LIVE streamed.
- Each registered team plays for their chosen charity.
- Teams compete in a King-of-the-Hill-style competition on the SimSpace platform (3 teams per 2-hour session).
- The top three teams play in a final competition to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash awards for their charity.
- Detection of IoCs or artifacts
- Mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Intrusion response
- Restoration of service
- Restoration of device
- Removal of artifacts
- $5,000 Registration Fee paid by July 31, 2022
- Up to 5 players, including a team captain, + 1 alternate (6 total)
- Must be a diverse team (a mix of genders and/or races) with at least 1 student (high school or Higher Ed)
- None of the players are required to be employed by the Charity
- All players must agree to be on video and photographed (for public communications, handles can be used instead of names); this includes screen sharing during competition
- Teams can recruit up to 2 promoted sponsors (Sponsors will be listed on jerseys along with Charity Name)
- 8 jerseys will be provided to each team (included in the registration fee)
- Teams agree to be present to play on August 11, 2022, in Las Vegas from 12 PM to 10 PM PST
- The team agrees to commit 1 hour for virtual practice and qualification round on August, 2 at 10 AM PST
- The team agrees to demonstrate positive sportsmanship and follow the rules set by Game Master
Select Your Charity
- Charity must be a US-based 501c3 or 501c6 Nonprofit.
- Charity point of contact who belongs to the organization must be provided and approve team to represent them (email approval fine).
- Charity must provide logo (high resolution) for promotion and jersey.
- Charity may provide video commercial, less than 60 seconds.
- Charity Name will be the official “Team Name.”
- Charity can only be entered by one team.
How Charities Benefit:
- Charity will be listed on Jersey as the Team Name.
- Charity POCs will be invited to speak onstage for 5 minutes.
- Charity may provide video commercial, less than 60 seconds, to be played during event onstage and online.
- Charity-themed drinks will be available for purchasing at bar (a portion of the proceeds will go to the charity as a donation).
- Charity can provide a weblink for donations to be made available on LIVE stream.
- Charity of top three teams will receive a large check photo engagement and the cash prize as a donation.
Who should become a sponsor/partner?
- Organizations and businesses wanting to have a presence in Las Vegas for meetings and demos
- Organizations and businesses supporting the cybersecurity community
- Esports companies looking to expand into cybersecurity games
- Higher Ed institutions wanting to attract students to their cybersecurity programs
- Training and recruiting firms looking to market their brand and platform
Why you should become a sponsor/partner:
- Make an impact on the community with this event designed to be fun, educational, and help charity awareness and funding
- Recruit top talent interested in cyber games and skills
- Gain brand awareness through promotion and speaking opportunities
- Take part in an IN-PERSON and ONLINE event the same week as Black Hat and DEFCON
It should go without saying that tracking threats are critical to inform your actions. This includes reading our OODA Daily Pulse, which will give you insights into the nature of the threat and risks to business operations.
Explore OODA Research and Analysis
Use OODA Loop to improve your decision-making in any competitive endeavor. Explore OODA Loop
The greatest determinant of your success will be the quality of your decisions. We examine frameworks for understanding and reducing risk while enabling opportunities. Topics include Black Swans, Gray Rhinos, Foresight, Strategy, Strategies, Business Intelligence, and Intelligent Enterprises. Leadership in the modern age is also a key topic in this domain. Explore Decision Intelligence
We track the rapidly changing world of technology with a focus on what leaders need to know to improve decision-making. The future of tech is being created now and we provide insights that enable optimized action based on the future of tech. We provide deep insights into Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Quantum Computing, Security Technology, and Space Technology. Explore Disruptive/Exponential Tech
Security and Resiliency
Security and resiliency topics include geopolitical and cyber risk, cyber conflict, cyber diplomacy, cybersecurity, nation-state conflict, non-nation state conflict, global health, international crime, supply chain, and terrorism. Explore Security and Resiliency
The OODA community includes a broad group of decision-makers, analysts, entrepreneurs, government leaders, and tech creators. Interact with and learn from your peers via online monthly meetings, OODA Salons, the OODAcast, in-person conferences, and an online forum. For the most sensitive discussions interact with executive leaders via a closed Wickr channel. The community also has access to a member-only video library. Explore The OODA Community.