Randall Fort on The Future of the Metaverse And Its Cybersecurity and Intelligence Implications
Randall Fort is a seasoned security, intelligence and technology leader known for his grasp of enterprise mission needs and his ability to track the rapid advancing capabilities of technology to meet those needs. His background includes time as the director of global security for Goldman Sachs. He also led one of the most highly regarded teams of analysts in the world, the Department of State’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research. Randy later worked at Raytheon and is now now the COO of QWERX. He has also been a long standing member of the AFCEA Intelligence Committee.
Topics we discussed included:
- The nature of changes in both the physical and cybersecurity world that began in the mid 1990’s and continue to this day
- The Department of State’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research, with a focus on the organizational dynamics that have kept this small group performing at a masterful level
- Views on the cyber threat and concepts for mitigating key elements of the threat
- An examination of the megatrends of technology and where the convergence of multiple tech trends may be taking us
- Things the US intelligence community should be considering when it comes to future mission sets and the technologies required to prosecute them.
- The nature of the metaverse, from its beginnings in scifi to its state today to the very near future and beyond
- Randall Fort on LinkedIn
- The Department of State Bureau of Intelligence and Research
- AFCEA Intelligence Committee
Corporate Sensemaking: Establishing an Intelligent Enterprise
OODA’s leadership and analysts have decades of direct experience helping organizations improve their ability to make sense of their current environment and assess the best courses of action for success going forward. This includes helping establish competitive intelligence and corporate intelligence capabilities. Our special series on the Intelligent Enterprise highlights research and reports that can accelerate any organization along their journey to optimized intelligence. See: Corporate Sensemaking
The OODAcast Video and Podcast Series
In 2020, we launched the OODAcast video and podcast series designed to provide you with insightful analysis and intelligence to inform your decision making process. We do this through a series of expert interviews and topical videos highlighting global technologies such as cybersecurity, AI, quantum computing along with discussions on global risk and opportunity issues. See: The OODAcast