OODAcast – A Conversation With Cybersecurity Icon Phil Reitinger, CEO of the Global Cyber Alliance
Phil Reitinger has been been a pioneer in cutting edge concepts for reducing risks in cyberspace for years. He was a special assistant US Attorney in the late 1990’s, a time when high end nation state attacks were on the rise and the application of US law to help counter threats was in a nascent stage. He helped move the Department of Justice to more vigorous action in cyberspace as Deputy Chief of the DoJ Computer Crime Section. He was appointed to lead the DoD Cyber Crime Center, one of the nation’s most highly regarded computer crime forensics organizations. He would later serve as an executive at Microsoft and then return to government service as a Deputy Undersecretary of Homeland Security as that organization was assuming new roles in defense of the nation’s cyberspace. He would later direct the security activities of Sony as SVP and CISO.
For the past four years Phil has been leading a non profit organization known as the Global Cyber Alliance (GCA). The GCA works on projects that seek to mitigate risks from the most prevalent cyber threats that individuals and businesses face. They develop and deploy practical, real-world solutions that measurably improve the security of our cyber ecosystem.
Topics discussed include:
- The challenges Phil faced at DHS, including the need to lead change across a broad stakeholder community.
- The nature of the work at GCA
- What executives need to know about DNS and DMARC
- Ways people can get involved with the GCA
- How the GCA moved into action as the world shifted to WFH
- The future of cybersecurity
- The Global Cyber Alliance
- Phil Reitinger on LinkedIn
- 10 Red Teaming Lessons Learned Over 20 Years – Red teaming is one of the most valuable things you can do within your organization. OODA CEO and Co-Founder Matt Devost offers up his top ten red teaming lessons learned from over two decades of red teaming across hundreds of engagements.
- OODA’s Special Reporting on the Federal Technology Market: This market should be part of any tech firm’s strategy
- OODA Special Report on Best Practices for Agile Cybersecurity Tips from our experts
- Context on Make vs Buy in the Federal Ecosystem: If you know of anyone anywhere in government who is thinking of building/coding a new data system to track issues around the pandemic they should just stop and should buy a commercial platform.
- OODAcast on YouTube: OODA’s YouTube Channel
- OODAcast Podcast: For audio to go