OODAcast – A Conversation with David Bray of the Atlantic Council Geotech Center (Part One)
OODA CTO Bob Gourley was joined by Dr. David Bray of the Atlantic Council’s Geotech Center for a wide ranging discussion on risks and opportunities in the current business environment. Decision-makers and analysts seeking insights into the future of work, the future of data, the future of trust and health will find Dr. Bray’s experiences, insights and his own continuous learning from a strong network of global thought leaders to be both informative and actionable.
This first of two parts covers:
- The mission of the Atlantic Council’s Geotech Center and ways decision-makers can leverage its work
- Dr. Bray’s work with Vint Cerf and Mei Lin Fung of the People Centered Internet
- How world leaders are working with the Atlantic Council to have trusted conversations on the future and how technology impacts that
- The continual advancement of technology, and how the course of tech might shift because of the current pandemic and our collective response
- The continued importance of fighting misinformation, disinformation, and the malicious use of technologies.
- Ways companies and governments can continually scan the horizon to look for indications of changes in technology.
- The extensive lessons learned from past pandemics and how those apply to the Covid-19 case.
- Concepts that can speed the recovery of the economy as a whole and also help businesses survive, thrive and reboot to help the economy and bring people back to work.
- New business models for the new realities post-pandemic
The second segment of this discussion dives deeper into the current geopolitical situation and what this means both for corporations and governments.
- Atlantic Council Geotech Center
- A Decision-Makers’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence: A plain english overview with the insights you need to drive corporate decisions
- The Executive’s Guide to Quantum Computing: What business decision-makers need to know now about quantum superiority
- The Executive’s Guide to the Revolution in Biology: An overview of key thrusts of the transformation underway in biology and offers seven topics business leaders should consider when updating business strategy to optimize opportunity because of these changes.
- OODA COVID-19 Sense-making: A dynamic resource for OODA Network members looking for Coronavirus/COVID-19 information to drive their decision-making process. We’ll update it with new links as we encounter them. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but rather a compilation of the most useful resources.
- OODAcast on YouTube: OODA’s YouTube Channel
- OODAcast Podcast: For audio to go