China plans to be a world leader in Artificial Intelligence by 2030
China has clearly articulated its desire to be an AI leader on multiple fronts and now the South China Morning Post has produced a very detailed article discussing not on the the state of the field and China’s strategy to to take the lead, but also provides summaries of how the technologies work.
“In 2017, China published its ‘Next Generation Artificial Intelligence Development Plan’, which laid out plans to ultimately become the world leader in artificial intelligence, with a domestic AI industry worth almost US$150 billion. The first step of that plan is to catch up with the US on AI technology and applications by 2020.”
For other related reporting see:
- AI Security: Four Things to Focus on Right Now
- A Decision-Maker’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence
- When Artificial Intelligence Goes Wrong
- Artificial Intelligence for Business Advantage
- The Future of AI Policy is Largely Unwritten
- AI Will Test American Values In The Battlefield
And for more OODA member network resources see: OODA Member Resources.