RealNews

The new face of terror unveiled

The first and deadly strike of the International Islamic Front of Osama bin Laden since its restructuring will be a setback for the Saudi monarchy and could force them to back off from any US-sponsored peace formula for the Middle East. At the same time, more attacks can be expected, particularly in Egypt, as with Saudi Arabia, in an attempt to drive a wedge between that country and the US over the US peace initiative in the Middle East. The three simultaneous bombings in housing compounds for foreigners in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Monday night left at least 29 people dead – seven of them Americans – according to the Saudi Interior Ministry, as well as the nine suicide car bombers. Last week the Saudi police seized a huge stash of explosives, weapons and cash following a shootout with suspected terrorists in the capital. The Interior Ministry said the police were hunting “19 terrorists, 17 of them Saudis” who “intended to carry out acts of terrorism”. Al-Majallah, a sister publication of the Arab News, citing an email message from a newly-appointed al-Qaeda spokesman, Thabet ibn Qais, said last week that “an attack against America was inevitable”. Al-Qaeda has “carried out changes in its leadership and sidelined the September 11, 2001 team”, the magazine quoted Thabet as saying. “Future missions have been entrusted to the new team, which is well protected against the US intelligence services,” the magazine quoted Thabet as saying. “The old leadership does not know the names of any of its members.” Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.