CISA Chief Unveils Vision for Federal Cybersecurity
Federal civilian agencies shouldn’t have to fend for themselves when it comes to managing cyber risk, Chris Krebs said on Thursday. According to the Director of the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the current arrangement is “not a particularly defensible posture,” and may therefore see a complete overhaul in the next five years.
According to a strategic plan released by CISA on Thursday, the central priorities of the agency will be to
- Lead efforts to secure the nation’s critical infrastructure while collaborating with other stakeholders.
- Prioritize risk management efforts to address the greatest threats and vulnerabilities.
- Focus on results-oriented approaches to security.
- Provide solutions that respect civil liberties and American values.
- Unify the agency under a single mission.
Krebs stated that his job is to provide government agencies and private companies with “information, insight, coordinating mechanisms and capacity building tools or capabilities to get better.”