CyberNews Briefs

Windows zero-days don’t usually work against the latest OS version

New figures released by Microsoft underscore the importance of updating to the latest operation system, since the stats show that the majority of Windows zero-day vulnerabilities cannot be used to attack the latest Windows versions. Since 2015, 38.2% of zero-days could be exploited on the latest OS versions, while the remaining 61.8% did not put those systems at risk.

The most common reason that flaws did not work against the latest Windows editions was that newly introduced OS mitigations prevented exploitation (66.7%). In addition, 23.8% of zero-days simply did not impact newer systems.

Read more: Windows zero-days don’t usually work against the latest OS version

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.