Join OODA at the People Centered Internet to Help Shape the Future of Humanity
A historic meeting is being convened 10 December 2018 to help ensure humanity is in charge of our own destiny. This event, convened by the People-Centered Internet Coalition, includes key Internet pioneers and next generation change agents coming together to share lessons learned and chart a course for the future. Those gathering at the event aim to:
- Share lessons on how we got here and advance the dialog on where we need to go for the next 50 years
- Advance the cause of an open model for the Internet
- Advance aspirations of the good of the Internet
- Discuss human-rights in a digital world
In early 2019, 50% of the world will be connected to the Internet, marking an inflection point where we should examine the unfinished work we have started in making the Internet a positive tool for human rights and the advancement of freedom. The event also coincides with the 70th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nations.
- Vint Cerf: Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist Google
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee: Inventor of the World Wide Web
- Radia Perlman: Internet Pioneer
- Scott P. Campbell: Senior Human Rights Officer, UN
- David Bray: Executive Director, People Centered Internet
- Mei Lin Fung: Co-Founder, People Centered Internet
- R “Ray” Wang: Principal Analyst and Founder, Constellation Research
- Parry Aftab: Founder, Digital Living Labs
- Melvin Cordova: Founder, Zeus Direct
- Marc Goodman: NY Times Best-Selling Author
- Bob Gourley: Co-Founder, OODA LLC
- Dion Hinchcliffe: VP and Principal Analyst, Constellation Research
- Paul Pagnato: Founder and CEO, PagnatoKarp
- Doc Searls: Editor in Chief, Linux Journal
- Dr. Linton Wells II: Former Deputy DoD CIO.
The future of the Internet holds both promise and peril. Please do your part to reduce the peril and advance the promise by attending this event or engaging and interacting online. For more information including registration options see: People-Centered Digital Future.
And for more on shaping the future see:
- Does Technology Threaten the Future of Society?
- LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media – An OODA Loop interview with P.W. Singer
- Best Security, Business, and Technology Books of 2018