RealNews

Six terrorist cell members at large after Jeddah attack

Six of the 11-member terrorist cell that on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the attack on the US consulate in the Saudi city ofJeddah are still at large, a Saudi security official said on Tuesday. The official said five members of the cell took part in the assault, of whom four had died. While three of the dead had been identified, the identity of a fourth man who later died from his injuries was still being investigated. The names of the three dead do not appear on the government’s list of 26 “most wanted” extremists. But the official said the identity of a fifth gunman, who survived, was not being disclosed. Some officials have said the man may be Saleh al-Oufi, a central figure in al-Qaeda’s operations in Saudi Arabia, though a senior Saudi security consultant denied this. Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.