Bali Attack 'Planned for 11 September'
The deadly nightclub bombings in Bali last October were originally planned for the anniversary of 11 September, a court has heard. But Ali Imron, on trial for his suspected role in the attack, told a hearing on the Indonesian island that the bombs were not ready by then, so the date was changed, according to the Associated Press news agency. Ali Imron is the only person on trial for the Bali bombings to have expressed public remorse for the attack. “This incident has destroyed me,” he said on Thursday, adding that it had “smeared” Islam. “Why did I, an ustadz (religious teacher), do things like that? How could I just obey and not think?” he said. Ali Imron’s elder brother Mukhlas is accused of planning the operation. Another of his siblings, Amrozi, was sentenced to death for his role in the bombings earlier this month. Full Story