Saudi Arabia, Morocco Arrest Attack 'Masterminds'
Saudi Arabia and Morocco Wednesday said they had arrested the alleged masterminds of bombings earlier this month that killed 77 people and sparked fresh fears al Qaeda had regrouped for more attacks. Saudi Arabia said five people wanted in the May 12 bombings of three expatriate housing compounds in Riyadh were arrested in the Muslim holy city of Medina. “We believe that one of them is a main mastermind of the blasts,” a Saudi source told Reuters without giving further details. The daily Okaz reported the five were arrested at an Internet cafe and the alleged mastermind was a Saudi who was among 19 men wanted by authorities on terrorism charges after a shoot-out with police in the capital this month. In Morocco, authorities announced they had captured the “general coordinator” of the May 16 attacks at five locations in Casablanca in which 43 people were killed. State prosecutor Moulay Abdellah Alaoui Belghiti told state television the suspect was arrested Monday in the central city of Fes but died while being taken to hospital. Full Story