RealNews

Bali bombing trial 'must continue'

Prosecutors in the trial against Amrozi, the first person to go on trial for last year’s deadly Bali bomb blasts, have urged a court to dismiss his defence’s arguments that the indictment is invalid. In a 45-minute hearing on Monday, prosecutor Urip Tri Gunawan said the indictment was legal and complete and told the judge to press ahead with the case. At last week’s opening court session, Amrozi’s lawyers argued that the indictment failed to prove the defendant actively took part in the attack, and urged the judges to throw the case out. More than 200 people, foreigners and Indonesians, died in the 12 October bomb blasts which destroyed a bar and a nightclub. Amrozi, a 40-year-old old car mechanic, is alleged to have bought the chemicals used to make the bombs, and the van used to transport them. Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.