RealNews

Pakistan Convicts Four in U.S. Consulate Bombing

A Pakistan anti-terrorism court convicted four men on Monday of organizing last year’s suicide bomb attack on the U.S. consulate in the port city of Karachi, and handed death sentences to two of them. The other two were sentenced to life in jail, while a fifth was acquitted. Twelve Pakistanis were killed when suspected Islamic militants packed a vehicle with explosives and rammed it into the perimeter wall of the consulate on June 14. No foreigners or consulate staff were killed. “I am not worried. I am satisfied. I was expecting this,” Mohammad Imran, one of the two sentenced to death, told reporters after the verdicts were handed down by the court sitting inside the Karachi central jail. Mohammad Hanif, also given a death sentence, said Muslims were being targeted the world over. “Look what is happening in Iraq. It is a conspiracy of the United States and Israel,” he said. Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.