RealNews

Troops Arrest Ex-Bosnian Muslim Commander

NATO-led peacekeepers in Bosnia arrested a Bosnian Muslim wanted by the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal and flew him to The Hague, NATO and U.N. officials said Friday. Naser Oric, 35, was the wartime army commander in the eastern Bosnian town of Srebrenica, where the worst massacre of civilian Muslims during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war occurred. However, Oric, who led the defense of the Muslim enclave of Srebrenica from Bosnian Serb forces, is accused of war crimes against Serbs. The Muslims have been seen so far as the only war victims in Srebrenica. The tribunal in The Hague charged Oric with six counts of violations of the law and customs of war, covering allegations of “murder, cruel treatment, wanton destruction and plunder,” said a statement issued by the NATO-led peacekeepers in Bosnia, known by their acronym SFOR. Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.