RealNews

Afghans Hold Eight Over Kandahar Blast

Eight suspects have been arrested after an explosion near the southern Afghan city of Kandahar that killed up to nine people traveling in a minibus, officials said on Saturday. Officials revised down the estimate of the number killed in Friday morning’s blast about 12 miles south of Kandahar from a previous 18 given by the provincial government. The head of security in Kandahar, General Akram Khakrezwal, told Reuters nine people had been killed and two wounded in the explosion, which a spokesman for the provincial government said had been caused by an anti-tank mine rigged to a mortar bomb. Full Story

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.