OODAcast – A Conversation With Marc Ambinder of USC Annenberg School For Communication and Journalism
Marc Ambinder is a journalist, researcher, historian, author of bestselling books and a teacher/mentor to many. We invited him on the OODAcast to help our community as we continue to look for insights that can drive operational decisions.
From Marc’s bio:
For 20 years, Marc Ambinder has told true and complex stories about the world, revealed some of its deeper secrets, and has taught thousands of others how to do the same.
He has managed teams of reporters, consultants and students, and has co-created several innovative digital news products. As a reporter, Ambinder held positions at the zenith of journalism (ABC News, CBS News, the Atlantic). He has collaborated with industry (Disney/ABC, Facebook, Palantir) and has made excursions into academia (Penn, USC). An SME on national security, American politics, elections and government, corporate communications, digital and cybersecurity and nuclear policy, he is at present the counter-disinformation lead for USC’s Election Cybersecurity initiative.
This discussion covered many topics of high interest including Marc’s books:
- The Brink: President Reagan and the Nuclear War Scare of 1983
- The Command: Deep Inside the President’s Secret Army
- Deep State: Inside the government secrecy industry
We also tapped into Marc’s close tracking of the dynamics around the current pandemic as well as his work in helping to improve the security of the nation’s elections to gather insights on what the future may hold.
- Marc Ambinder on LinkedIn
- Marc Ambinder on Twitter
- Tighten Your OODA Loop on Covid-19
- How the Coronavirus will impact your mid to long range strategic planning
- Mitigating Risks To America’s Cognitive Infrastructure
- OODA’s Special Reporting on the Federal Technology Market.
- The Top 10 Security, Technology, and Business Books
- OODAcast on YouTube: OODA’s YouTube Channel
- OODAcast Podcast: For audio to go