11 of the biggest healthcare data breaches of 2016
“Cybersecurity is bound to be one of the top health IT issues in 2017, as evidenced by the sheer number of data breaches that occurred throughout 2016.
This year’s healthcare data breaches affected everything from hospitals to clinics to insurers, exposing millions of patients’ protected health information.
Here is a look back at 11 of biggest healthcare data breaches of the year based on number of individuals affected.
1. Banner Health (Phoenix)
2. Newkirk Products (New York City)
3. 21st Century Oncology (Fort Myers, Fla.)
4. Valley Anesthesiology and Pain Consultants (Phoenix)
5. Bon Secours Health System (Marriottsville, Md.)
6. Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic (Atlanta)
7. Radiology Regional Center (Fort Myers, Fla.)
8. California Correctional Health Care Services (Elk Grove)
9. Community Health Plan of Washington (Seattle)
10. Central Ohio Urology Group (Gahanna)
11. Premier Healthcare (Bloomington, Ind.)”