5 Key Insights From Absolute’s 2019 Endpoint Security Trends Report
A new report by Absolute on the current state of endpoint security highlights the following five trends / insights:
- Spending more on endpoint protection doesn’t necessarily result in better security and may even undermine it. While endpoint security is vital for the security of an organization, the study indicates that companies can “overspend” by purchasing too many solutions that together actually create new security weaknesses.
- Breach risks are higher for firms with complex endpoint protection programs that include reliance on overlapping solutions that may conflict with each other.
- Endpoint security solutions can quickly become outdated or malfunction and thereby put organizations at risk of attacks. The study found that encryption failures affect 42% of endpoints.
- Endpoint security solutions are high maintenance. Every month, close to one-fifth (19%) of endpoint agents (security solutions for a specific endpoint) need to be patched or repaired.
- Organizations can greatly improve their endpoint security programs by activating security at the device level.