Five Factors Influencing the Cybersecurity Threat Landscape
New research by Accenture outlines the following five key factors that are driving the evolution of the cyberthreat landscape:
- Geopolitical tensions are driving disinformation and other threat campaigns that increasingly impact businesses.
- Cybercriminal networks continue to mature and adapt, which enables them to continue operations despite efforts by law enforcement to shut them down.
- Ransomware attacks are getting more sophisticated and are now being used by threat actors motivated by more than just financial gain.
- As organizations do more to improve their cybersecurity hygiene, threat actors are looking for new ways of compromising organizations, such as exploiting supply-chain weaknesses.
- The side-channel vulnerabilities that have been discovered in modern CPUs over the last two years could enable threat actors to get public cloud servers to leak the data they store, which puts companies that rely on cloud service providers at risk.