5 experimental cybersecurity trends your business needs to know about
A new report by CB Insights provides information on a number of emerging cybersecurity technologies that have the potential to help companies protect themselves against cyberattacks that are getting more and more sophisticated.
Some of the technologies discussed in the report are already getting quite popular, but companies could also benefit from keeping track of the following experimental trends:
- Disinformation defense, which refers to technologies that can detect manipulated media (deepfakes) and counter other forms of disinformation.
- Open source security, which encompasses solutions to help secure open source software that is increasingly popular among businesses.
- Zero-knowledge proof, which is “an authentication scheme that enables ultra-secure communications and private financial transactions and file sharing,” by letting people confirm their knowledge of sensitive data without disclosing the information itself.
- Homomorphic encryption, which can be used to protect data as it is being used.
- Blockchain security, which can help firms protect themselves against targeted attacks.