Global RiskNews Briefs

More Than 300 Chemical Attacks Launched During Syrian Civil War, Study Says

According to a new study by the Berlin-based Global Public Policy Institute, at least 336 chemical weapons attacks have been launched during the Syrian civil war since 2012, with the total death toll of the illegal attacks in the hundreds of thousands.

The researchers claim that the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was behind 98% of the attacks, while Islamic State carried out the remaining 2% of chemical weapons attacks. The report states that “the Syrian military has consistently prioritized striking population centers over rebel positions on the frontlines, even in the face of defeat on the ground.”

Read more: More Than 300 Chemical Attacks Launched During Syrian Civil War, Study Says

OODA Analyst

OODA Analyst

OODA is comprised of a unique team of international experts capable of providing advanced intelligence and analysis, strategy and planning support, risk and threat management, training, decision support, crisis response, and security services to global corporations and governments.