The Weaponization Of Artificial Intelligence
The rapid proliferation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies has spawned an AI arms race that makes the weaponization of AI seem inevitable. However, Jayshree Pandya, CEO of Risk Group LLC, argues that the development of autonomous weapons systems (AWS) will have serious implications that extend beyond national security and international conflict, and apply to the future of humanity itself.
According to Pandya, the rush to weaponize AI could lead to algorithmic warfare with potentially catastrophic consequences. This makes it essential that we envision what the development and potential use of AWS might lead to, and to ask ourselves not just whether or not we can develop AWS, but if we should.
For other related reporting see:
- AI Security: Four Things to Focus on Right Now
- A Decision-Maker’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence
- When Artificial Intelligence Goes Wrong
- Artificial Intelligence for Business Advantage
- The Future of AI Policy is Largely Unwritten
- AI Will Test American Values In The Battlefield
And for more OODA member network resources see: OODA Member Resources.