Request for OODA Member Feedback: Top issues impacting business and government decision-making for 2022 and beyond
Every month OODA network members gather online to discuss issues of common concern and to help steer the research and reporting at the OODAloop site.
The next monthly meeting is Friday 19 November (all members should have a calendar invite with a link to join).
The topic of the November meeting is discussion of major trends likely to impact business and government decisions in 2022 and beyond. We have produced a draft of the big trends as a read-ahead to the discussion and present it below. For those members who cannot make the online meeting, we would love your feedback on the list, it will help ensure we are focusing on the things that matter most.
Draft List of Top Issues For 2022 And Beyond
- Russia may be more dangerous as its decline continues and accelerates. Still a nuclear power. But many indicators of continued decline.
- China is a world power but not without significant weaknesses. Threat of war is very real, but the PRC/CCP objective is to win without war.
- The dynamics around China’s influence in South America, Central America and the Caribbean are especially important to watch.
- Emergence of new coalitions may align India, Japan, EU, US. If so, what are business implications?
- Space now touching most every industry. Significant economic benefit to those who can can access space and leverage data. Longer term benefits of manufacturing and mining in space.
- Significant competition and serious national security threats
- Pandemic accelerated investment in the already rapidly developing fields of genomics and solutions for patient outcomes.
- Now in full fledged life sciences revolution that will impact all business and all citizens.
- Next generation of the Internet. Look for coming backlash against the term Metaverse, everyone is using it now. But recommend stay focused and embrace the term.
- Ensure appropriate business strategy.
- Need national security community and law enforcement involvement
- Understand what it means for your personal data.
New Data Approaches:
- Big Data. Small Data.
- Analysis of data (AI, ML and old fashioned methods as well)
- Automated action over data
- New architectures for storing, moving, accessing, visualizing data
- Application of data to the big issues facing humanity
- The infinite game. Will continue forever. Need to track threat actions and best practices in defense.
- Very powerful non-nation state actors now in the mix.
- One of the most important issues of today and possibly the long term future: The management of your personal digital data. Your digital self
- Advanced IT meets the physical world
Please provide us feedback on this list in any way convenient to you (hopefully at Friday’s member meeting!).