OODAcast – A Conversation with Tony Cole of Attivo Networks
OODA CTO Bob Gourley was joined by Tony Cole of Attivo Networks in an interactive discussion on the state of cybersecurity, with a focus on how deception technologies can be leveraged by organizations of all sizes to mitigate risks.
Tony is an icon in the cybersecurity community. He is known both as a practitioner and a thought leader helping businesses and governments understand their risks and prioritize mitigation actions. He is a member of the OODA Network (see our member interview with Tony here ).
As CTO of Attivo Networks he has lead the strategy and vision for the corporation across products, marketing, sales and the development of the Attivo ThreatDefend Deception and Response platform. Attivo Networks is the leader in the cyber deception space and has already shown an ability to change the game on the modern-day human attacker.
This interview examines:
- The evolution of the early cyber “honey pots” designed to trap hackers into modern, scalable, hard to detect deception technologies
- How adversaries have changed over the last two decades and what it means for the future
- The despicable behavior of cyber adversaries during the pandemic and what it means for cyber attacks after the pandemic
- The need for cybersecurity solutions to work well together
- How executives in business can learn of the most relevant technologies for them without having to meet with thousands of vendors
- Attivo Networks: Deception technology provides a threat defense of traps and lures designed to slow down and deceive attackers into revealing themselves and their tools.
- Deception Needs to be an Essential Element of your Cybersecurity Strategy: Here’s why one of the most compelling emerging use cases for increasing attacker costs is through the use of deception.
- OODA COVID-19 Sense-making: A dynamic resource for OODA Network members looking for Coronavirus/COVID-19 information to drive their decision-making process. We’ll update it with new links as we encounter them. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but rather a compilation of the most useful resources.
- The 2020 OODA Cybersecurity Watch List: list can serve multiple stakeholders. Investors can find firms that have demonstrated good product-market fit and are good candidates for follow-on funding. CISOs can find companies that have demonstrated real disruptive technology potential and at least enough traction to prove they are worth considering.
- OODAcast on YouTube: OODA’s YouTube Channel
- OODAcast Podcast: For audio to go