OODAcast – A Conversation with Technology Executive Lewis Shepherd (Part One)
In this two part OODAcast, OODA CTO Bob Gourley was joined by Lewis Shepherd, seasoned federal technology executive and a senior director of technology strategy at VMware for an interactive discussion on the actionable lessons we should all be learning from the current crisis but also how the events of today are shaping the future of technology.
The world’s leading tech companies and select government agencies rely on Lewis for his expertise in strategic planning, tech forecasting and concept development. He has led multiple waves of R&D innovation both in government and in industry. He is active in leading efforts on a wide range of projects in artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality/virtual reality, data visualization, social media, encryption and cybersecurity. Lewis is a member of the OODA Network and was one of the scheduled speakers of our now postponed OODAcon “Future Proof“.
In this first part Lewis provides actionable context for decision-makers seeking insights into how corporations and government agencies can rapidly shift to ensure mission success in this complex and dynamic age. He also provides advice relevant to thought leaders seeking ways to better serve government missions, as well as insights into what the future of tech may have in store for us all.
- A Decision-Makers’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence: A plain english overview with the insights you need to drive corporate decisions
- The Executive’s Guide to Quantum Computing: What business decision-makers need to know now about quantum superiority
- The Executive’s Guide to the Revolution in Biology: An overview of key thrusts of the transformation underway in biology and offers seven topics business leaders should consider when updating business strategy to optimize opportunity because of these changes.
- OODA COVID-19 Sense-making: A dynamic resource for OODA Network members looking for Coronavirus/COVID-19 information to drive their decision-making process. We’ll update it with new links as we encounter them. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but rather a compilation of the most useful resources.
- Context on Make vs Buy in the Federal Ecosystem: If you know of anyone anywhere in government who is thinking of building/coding a new data system to track issues around the pandemic they should just stop and should buy a commercial platform.
- Elon Musk on Make Vs Buy: Every large enterprise faces decisions on whether to code something using internal talent, code something using contractors, or buy a commercial product. For complex and sometimes hard to understand or explain reasons, the government has always had a hard time optimizing on these decisions.
- OODAcast on YouTube: OODA’s YouTube Channel
- OODAcast Podcast: For audio to go